Photos from this evening Monday 20th September

Daren Grimes has sent use through some photos from this evening, including one of a manhole cover that’s linked up to a steam generator.
Meanwhile, a Wendy Cave has noticed a grammatical error on one of the signs, it reads ‘Boy’s Knicker’s’ when this should really be ‘Boys’ Knickers’.
Rob Scott talked to one of the security guards and learned a couple of things:

“I spoke to a security guard, he told me a bunch of speculation, specifically that:
a) The Brooklyn Antiques & Bankside music store are going to have the windows blown out in an explosion.
b) There will be a car chase (I think you knew this…).
c) Someone will be thrown through the window of the Bicycle store.
d) The building at the end (Casa D’Art) had every brick painstakingly repainted, from white to red with black wear. If you go really close (and around the corner onto Newton Street) you can see it quite clearly. From a distance it looks totally real.”

1. Stuart says:

OMG !

How fab are these photos ! – Sadly I’m not able to get to the film set on a daily bases but love all the pics I’ve seen so far.
    I hope the owners of this website have contact EMPIRE film mags to get a “plug ” ?And I’ve love to be able to copy these images of for my personal use OR if not , would appreciate that this website stays live when the film goes out so I can refer back to the photos

2. Hop Man Jr says:

Um, has anyone noticed that clock has 8 at the top? Or is that how they did it in 1940s New York?

• Hobbsy says:

@Hop Man Jr: I checked my own set photos (taken at 5:30pm today) and it does indeed still have 8pm at the top on that side of the clock. However, on the other side it has the the numerals in the right place (12 at the top).

ps. to the owner of this blog – fantastic job you’re doing here. I wrote a post on hobbsy.com this afternoon before reading your blog entry today. The wedding dresses on the dummys are new additions (underneath the BICYCLES sign). I also posted about the strange apostrophe on BOY’S KNICKER’S on Twitter, but you’ve already mentioned that ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been waiting for the manhole covers to be put in place (think they were added today), as I spotted them stored out the back with the firehoses and big barrels of oil(?) for several days

all the best, Hobbsy

3. Hobbsy says:

….also just spotted the numeral 4 is written as IIII on the clock on both sides – should be IV shouldn’t it ๐Ÿ™‚

• paul mcintyre says:

have a theory all the stores names are there for a reason ( Easter Eggs ) hereโ€™s my thoughts
      Broussardโ€™s Pharmancy โ€“ Stephen Broussard the Producer
      Bankside Music โ€“ The address of marvel UK in London
      Romero barbers โ€“ Cesar Romero the first TV Joker
      Excelsior Cigar โ€“ Stan Lee from his sign off Excelsior !
      Vernon Photo โ€“ Vernon Henkel -penciller of the Howling Commandos+wartime marvel comics
      Saunders Bookstore โ€“ Buddy Saunders owner of Lone star Comic Shops in Texas
      Meyers bros โ€“ Seth and Josh Meyers โ€“ US comedians and Spiderman writers
      Silvers tattoo store โ€“ Phil Silvers ???
      Cohen Outfitters โ€“ Issy Cohen is one of the howling commandos
      What do you think ?

• Tim Diffird says:

No IIII is right on clocks

4. paul mcintyre says:

I have a theory all the stores names are there for a reason ( Easter Eggs ) here’s my thoughts
    Broussard’s Pharmancy – Stephen Broussard the Producer
    Bankside Music – The address of marvel UK in London
    Romero barbers – Cesar Romero the first TV Joker
    Excelsior Cigar – Stan Lee from his sign off Excelsior !
    Vernon Photo – Vernon Henkel -penciller of the Howling Commandos+wartime marvel comics
    Saunders Bookstore – Buddy Saunders owner of Lone star Comic Shops in Texas
    Meyers bros – Seth and Josh Meyers – US comedians and Spiderman writers
    Silvers tattoo store – Phil Silvers ???
    Cohen Outfitters – Issy Cohen is one of the howling commandos
    What do you think ?

5. Jon B says:

Boy’s Knicker’s is correct.

The apostrophe in Knicker’s is because it’s a contraction from ‘Knickerbockers’. The use of an apostrophe for a contraction like that would have been normal then

6. paul mcintyre says:

Title: Clock on 5th Ave
    Caption: Pedestrians and traffic pass by a clock located on Fifth Avenue, New York City, 1940s. (Photo by Lawrence Thornton/Getty Images)
    Date created: 31 Dec 1944

shows the clock the right way round , I think the clock is put in wrong

7. I love the classic image of the buildings.. and most shops have not changed their signs in the last 50 years..

8. homepage says:

Hi there to all, the contents existing at this site are genuinely amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up
    the good work fellows.